Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wind Waker - Ganondorf's Escape

Hey guys. Activity has been low recently on the site, but a lot is happening behind the scenes right now. Our YouTube channel is also having plenty of activity, from new Top 10's to walkthrough continuations. Go check it out when you have the time.

A big theory that many Zelda theorists talk about is how Ganondorf got into Wind Waker. We all know that he was sealed in the Sacred Realm at the end of Ocarina of Time by the six (seven) sages. Now, according to my timeline theory, after Ocarina of Time comes A Link to the Past. Ganondorf does not reappear in A Link to the Past, but Ganon (his alternate form) did. This may be confusing, but let me explain what I mean. Ganondorf acquired the Triforce in Ocarina of Time, which transformed the Sacred Realm, also known as the Golden Land, to the Dark World (seen in A Link to the Past) because of his dark heart. At the end of Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf is sent to the Sacred Realm, which is now the Dark World. Then, in A Link to the Past, we meet Ganon again in the Dark World, which is where he is trapped. Ganon is the same as Ganondorf, but his form changed as everyone's does when entering the Dark World (for example, Link becomes a bunny). So now we understand what happened to Ganondorf in the Sacred Realm.

My theory right now of how Ganondorf broke out of the Sacred Realm is simple. The dark wizard Agahnim from A Link to the Past attempted to eliminate all seven sages into the Dark World. He succeeded in six, which weakened the seal that kept Ganondorf in the Dark World, and eventually, he broke out. Apparently, Ganondorf does not die of age, which is why he survived hundreds of years later, and eventually arrived in the Wind Waker. This is how I think Ganondorf escaped the Sacred Realm and came into the Wind Waker.

So, I hope everyone liked the post. Again, I apologize for the the low activity, but I hope I'm making up for it. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me using the Contact Us page or just drop me an email at zelda-realm@hotmail.com. I'll be glad to help you out. Oh, and remember to vote on the poll on the bottom left of the page to let me know what you want the next walkthrough to be. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry but that cannot be correct if you look at the official zelda timeline released just after skyward sword you will learn that the wind waker and a link to the past occur in two seperate timelines. A link to the past occurs in a timeline where link in ocarina of time is kill in the final battle and the imprisoning war begins. But the wind waker takes place in a timeline where link never regained his childhood at the end of ocarina of time. Sorry if I come off as a troll for posting this but I am a hard core fan that hates it when people get things wrong

    ReplyDelete