Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lots of News

Hello readers! I have loads of news for you, I decided to make a whole post about it instead of just mentioning it in the next article. So read on if interested.

The first thing I want to tell you is that we have a couple of new affiliates, North Castle and Triforce of Hyrule. Check them out sometime, the link is in the affiliates page.

Other important news is that I finally ordered a new microphone that will allow me to commentate while the videos are great quality. However, the order needs 1 to 3 weeks to arrive. Be patient!

A great milestone that we hit last week was the 5000 site views mark. We had almost 3000 in October alone! I'm glad to say how popular The Zelda Realm is getting, thanks to everyone who visits this site regularly (specifically the 11 followers).

Speaking of 5000, we also hit 5000 total upload views on the YouTube channel, too. Thanks to all of my YouTube subscribers! There is also a possibility that I will start a mailbag on the channel once my microphone and headset arrive.

Please remember to vote on the poll for the next walkthrough. I won't know what you guys want if you don't vote (I'll probably just choose Majora's Mask if less than 5 or 6 people vote).

Site activity has been low recently because I need new staff! No one is applying yet! Please consider my offer and take part in the growing popularity of The Zelda Realm. We are now looking for site designers and promoters as well as news writers.

The last and most important news is that Zelda Realm Walkthroughs, our sister site also created by me to post up video walkthroughs, is closing down. I'm getting very little views on it, and considering I have all of the walkthroughs on our YouTube channel, I decided that it no longer needs to exist. This also means, however, that I no longer need walkthrough writers either for staff, so keep that in mind if you were considering applying for a staff position.

I hope this batch of news will keep you updated on behind-the-scenes of the site. If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to comment below or contact me. I do read all emails. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hm, site designers? I can't apply for staff(no time at all, lol), but maybe I could help with that ;)
    That is, if it has to do with HTML and that kind of stuff. xD

    ReplyDelete