Thursday, August 18, 2011

Majora's Mask - Poe Salesman

Hey everybody. There are a couple of things I would like to say before I start the article. First of all, I would like to say that I have started a new Ocarina of Time walkthrough on my YouTube channel! I have decided to start a new site soon solely dedicated to Zelda walkthroughs, and I will have the link on the sidebar soon. Another thing is that this the last Majora's Mask articles, so if you have any last-second ideas, bring them in.

The Poe Salesman, truly a very mysterious character from both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. However, he is featured in the Majora's Mask section because that is where he plays a bigger part. Let's get started with his identity. I think it is obvious who he is. You can see in the video in this post, but let me explain anyways. When you talk to the guard standing in the shed full of pots at daytime, he will say that he wishes the world had some more troubles. And if you walk in on him at night, he says he is interested in collecting ghosts. In my opinion, this settles it. So the guard became the Poe Salesman.

Now, some may ask if the Poe Salesman is the same one from Majora's Mask. I think so. You see, in Ocarina of Time, Link defeats Ganondorf and insures a safe future for the people of Hyrule. The guard decides to chase his hobby and find a ghost-inhabited place, and departs to Ikana Canyon. This is why he is found there in Majora's Mask. The Poe Salesman also appears to have powers. He summons a dead tree from nowhere in Majora's Mask to aid Link, and is also able to read minds. Has Ganondorf blessed him with those powers when he turned over to the Dark side? Who knows.  


I hoped you guys like the last Majora's Mask article. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, but I actually added Zelda Level to our affiliates a really long time ago but I forgot to mention it. Anyways, it's a great Zelda site for news and articles. I myself wrote a couple there. So you should check it out. And remember to follow the site before leaving!

2 comments:

  1. how do you explain he got the Poe Sisters with him? did they escape to live in the mansion? cause i have heard they were trapped there... and poe guy got one eye, red eye... which is the same as sheika main symbol. dont believe this. and for all that we know, the guard MIGHT be the salesman, or he turned into a poe and still lives there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need to believe anything here... try opening up your own site and share your own theories.

      Delete